Tuesday 15 April 2008

A bit Fed Up

So today I am feeling a bit fed up. I was at the gym this afternoon before lunch and it was A STRUGGLE! I just felt tired and my heart wasn't in it even though I knew it was doing me good. Everything was irritating, particularly the music. If I have to put up with listening to James Brown 'I Feel Good' whilst working out one more time I think I will scream!!! They definitely have very bad musical tastes for a gym and when it blares over your ear phones preventing you from even hearing your own music it is particularly annoying.

But I think it was just the mood I was in that made it worse and made me extremely intolerant. My trainer spotted me as I started on my weight resistance training and he said 'keep at it. Even though you don't feel like it just push through it. We all have days like that. I don't particularly feel like going for a run right now but I am going to'. So that spurred me on a little. Partly because he had obviously noticed I wasn't giving my usual 100% which I was embarrassed by the fact it showed (!) and partly because I knew he was right, we all do have days like this. I just haven't had one in a while.

I think the thing is I am getting bored of my cardio workouts and need to find some variation. So I think I will try boxing class as I have heard it is fun and a great work out. Plus I might try some high cardio aerobics. Variety keeps things interesting so why not? Whatever keeps me at it. I will keep on plugging on and hopefully get some more nice rewards in terms of weight loss etc soon to make it feel all the more worthwhile. There's nothing that makes you feel more like heading to the gym for a workout than a lower weight on the scales!

LMN

No comments: