Wednesday 9 April 2008

Milestone Ahead: Nearly Under 80 Kgs

So today I weighed myself and the scales said 80.9 kgs. That means I am getting so close to one of my big milestones to get under 80 kgs. I feel like once I have done that, the end is in sight. I will have 15 kgs to go to my final goal of 65 kgs and compared with how far I have come already, that seems really doable and not overwhelming.

The lightest I can ever remember myself being was 76 kgs when I was about 17 years old and had dieted to get down to there. I am not sure what weight I started at that time round, but think it might have been around or above the 90 kg mark. So once I am under 80 it feels like that 76 is in sight, and wow, to be the weight I was when I was 17 and then go past it to my goal will be amazing.

It is funny, when I got down to 76 kgs all those years ago I still felt like I was really huge. But then years later, looking back at pictures of myself at that size I longed to be that weight - it seemed pretty normal. So I suppose it is all relative. Therefore I am conscious that I need to monitor the losses I am making now and how I am feeling about myself and my size so that I can accept and recognise when enough is enough and I am well and truly a normal, healthy weight.

Now that size 16 clothes are starting to get a bit loose, particularly on the bottom that is pretty exciting. And the other day I bought a belt from Dorothy Perkins which was a medium and it just fits! Yes that's right, not an extra large or even a large but a medium. It will take a little while before it fits me really well, but I can wear it and that is a start. I suppose a medium is what I want to be in the end. A proper medium. Not the biggest of the normal girls and not the smallest. Just smack bang in the middle of normal.So wish me good luck as I step ever closer to that goal. I know I am going to get there I just have to be patient for the last leg of the journey.

LMN

2 comments:

DBFiveGirl said...

Hey LMN (Love the name BTW), I totally understand the being 76 kgs and still feeling fat thing - not that I have been at light at this in my adult life. But in uni I got down to about 85 which for my height was a size 14/16. But I still felt huge, ugly and abnormal. I hope it does change...fngers crossed! Take care, you are doing great! xox

little miss normal said...

Hi Galatea
Thanks for your message. Yes I guess disassociating ourselves with our fat persona is a difficult thing if we have lived with it for most of our lives! But it is possible, it just takes time. I can now look in the mirror and feel reasonably happy with what I see so it is definitely moving in the right direction. I hope that you are making progress too if that is what you want.

Best wishes

LMN