Wednesday 2 April 2008

Powerful Pilates

Well I had my first Pilates class last Saturday and it was something I am definitely going to pursue. The instructor explained how the slightest movement when done correctly can really work wonders on your muscles - some you never knew you had! And he was right. There was only four of us in the beginners class which meant we had almost personal attention and that meant we learnt how to do everything exactly right which is just what I needed. I was suprised at how much of a work out it seemed to be, but at the same time it was incredibly relaxing. At the end I felt like I had both had a workout and had a sleep. Weird but true.

In particular, it seemed great for the stomach and I know is meant to be incredible for your core strength, something they now tell us is key to overall fitness and body strength and I have bought into that concept since becoming a renewed gym convert. And it was also really good at working the legs and butt. So kind of like an areobic legs, bums and tums class but you seem to work the muscles more intensively with only slight movements - although they can really kill!

But anyway, that was my latest exercise discovery and is definitely one I am going to continue with. Great for a Saturday afternoon. Anyone out there also doing Pilates and getting good results? If so, be interested to hear about it. I am hoping it will do wonders on my stomach, one of the areas most in need of tightening and firming as the weight is coming off.

Little Miss Normal

No comments: